Monday, June 05, 2006

Howl's Moving Castle

Howl's Moving Castle had been released since summer of 2004 but until now only I have bought it because previously I came across another version which was in Japanese(Malay subtitle), so I didn't buy it. I prefer Cantonese version as the translation is more funny.

I find that this movie has a lot of similarities with his other old movies. A combination from other movie characters. Obviously, the Moving Castle vs Laputa. The witch magic in black color vs Princess Mononoke's black worm. The old lady of Spirited Away vs Howl's Sophie. Overall, I have less surprises from this movie, the ending is too simple and the music isn't as interesting as previous.

What I like about this movie:
- The charming Howl
- The different location door
- The moving castle at the ending
- Calcifier fire demon on Sophie's ring
- Scarecrow
- Sleeping Sophie


About the story:
http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/howl/howl_outline.txt

No comments: